Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Hi, I'm Lauren!

Tuesday, January 26, 2010
I want to introduce myself as a recent addition to the AmericaSCORES team. I graduated from UCSD and with my college education I'm now trying to find my place and purpose in the world. I've traveled to many different cities, states and countries only to discover that I love home oh so dearly and that for me, California is the happiest place on earth. I have decided to leave the comfort of San Diego where I have grown up and come to Los Angeles in order to join LA SCORES. My expectations were exceeded initially after learning that there is a Soup Plantation nearby, that the 7-11 across the street has banana flavored Slurpees, and of course after learning more about the program and meeting the staff and most of the kids. Although I have moved to LA I have to stay true to being a San Diego sports fan, even if that means defending all of the Padres bashing and lately, having to endure every Nate Keading joke in the book. I was a member of the UCSD intercollegiate soccer team and I will take Steven Gerrard and Liverpool for every Champions League. Aside from sports, I enjoy abstract art that makes me tilt my head in confusion and reading a very random assortment of books. I wish I were good at photography and sometimes I even pretend I know a lot about it, even though the only thing I'm good at is auto focus. Beyond my sports and literary arts familiarity I come to SCORES with experience in coaching soccer as well as experience in event planning and PR. I had the invaluable opportunity to work with a variety of non-profit organizations through an internship with David Mirisch Enterprises and I'm now honored for the opportunity to get involved with the Palms community and AmericaSCORES. I'm not only anxious and excited to see what this year has in store for me but also confident and prepared to contribute a lot to the program.

0 comments:

Post a Comment