Wednesday, October 2, 2013

My Second Year at LA Scores!

Wednesday, October 2, 2013
My name is Clay Knobler and I am an intern at LA Scores.  I've worked both at the office and coached at different LA Scores affiliated schools during my two years with the program.  Last year I began to work with LA Scores because my high school, Wildwood, has an internship program where each student must work at an internship cite.  I value service immensely and knew that LA Scores, an organization that has helped build the character of countless young people, would be a great fit for me.   Although the prospect of working in an service-oreinted environment drew me to LA Scores, excitable kids, kind staff members, and a terrific curriculum kept me here.  After the end of my school year I requested to continue working with LA Scores.  Why would I ever want to stop working along side incredible individuals who genuinely care about the terrific children they teach?
So I am currently interning at LA Scores again this year and I couldn't be happier!  Last week I visited an LA Scores school and fell in love with the program all over again.  I really appreciate the work that the coaches and teachers at LA Scores do and how it helps shape children into the most mature, responsible young people that they can be.

0 comments:

Post a Comment