Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Time Marches On

Tuesday, July 3, 2012
This was the first year, in the three that I have been working at LA Scores, where I felt a little teary-eyed on the last day of school. Students that I watched grow up cheered as they prepared to go on to middle school while I could only express my happiness for them while feeling a bit down on the inside. If I am ever lucky enough to have children of my own, I feel that when they go off to live their lives, I will be a mess. But time marches on and we have new students coming in to nurture and instruct in order to continue this cycle of positivity we have tried so hard to cultivate. The summer is shorter than the ones previous with the LAUSD school year beginning in the middle of August instead of early September and we have still managed to plan out our summer programming which begins on 7/7 and ends on 7/27. I look back on the past school year with a sense of fondness and pride while looking ahead to the coming school year with much enthusiasm. What a life. What a ride.

0 comments:

Post a Comment