Tuesday, April 28, 2009

National Poetry Slam Pt. 2!

Tuesday, April 28, 2009
Here is an original poem from one of the poet-athletes from LA who performed at the National Poetry Slam last week! Enjoy!

Come back tomorrow for the poem from our other student!


Sabrinna C. (middle) Charnock Rd.

"Being a Soccer Player"

Have you ever played soccer?

Have you ever been on a soccer field?

Playing soccer is exciting.

Playing soccer is fun

and playing soccer is my life.


When I put on my uniform,

I become a different person.

I feel like I can do anything I want to.


When I run on the grass

with the ball at my feet,

I feel powerful

I feel aggressive.


When I look around

and I see my teammates.

I feel like I’m looking at my family.


Playing soccer is teamwork.

You have to play smart

and use all of your ability

to overcome your opponents.


When you score a goal,

you feel like a rockstar,

you feel important,

you feel special,


you feel like

you bumped up a grade at last,

and you feel like

you accomplished your dream.

Being a soccer player is my world.

Being a soccer player is my life.


Sabrinna (left) at Central Park with Chanel from St. Louis SCORES


0 comments:

Post a Comment